Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Has a sweet-spiced flavor with yummy toasted pecans.
- 3 lbs baby carrots, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, add carrots; add water to cover; bring to a boil; cook for 25 minutes or until carrots are tender; drain and cool slightly.
- Process carrots in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour carrots into a mixing bowl; add in remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture into a greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
I thought I would really like this. It had a bit too much of an orange flavor for me.
Very good-- my husband ate them, and he doesn't usually like carrots. The kids got to push the button on the food processor and liked that part. One day, they too will eat carrots! Next time I make this, I will cut sugar and maybe butter in 1/2 to try and cut down on calories (hopefully it won't effect the flavor too much)
It tastes delicious and is very easy to make.