Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home. I would plump the raisins before adding.
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml carrot, shredded
- 118.29 ml coconut, flaked
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease 12 muffin tins.
- In a small mixing bowl cream butter and brown sugar. Add egss and sour cream; beat well.
- Stir in carrots, coconut, and raisins.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts if using.
- Fill greased cups 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for five minutes on a wire rack before removing from pan.
Delicious muffins. Even if I did some changes. I wanted it healthier so used unsweetened applesauce, didn't pack the brown sugar, used fat-free sour cream, unsweetened coconut, no raisins and a little bit less walnuts. I baked them 20 minutes. They're moist. Thanks Heidi. Made for Beverage tag.
Excellent muffin! I added unsweetend coconut and the sweetness level of the muffin was right on target. I also put only half of the cinnamon, loved the carrot taste...and it was just right in the moisture dept. Made exactky 12 muffins and they crowned up nicely! A keeper! Made this for the muffin/cupcake challenge.
These were so good. I used applesauce instead of butter and egg sub instead of eggs, and also used fat-free sour cream. Very good combo of flavors and I really liked that the coconut wasn't overpowering.