Recipe by invictus
From Taste of Home. I would plump the raisins before adding.
Top Review by Boomette
Delicious muffins. Even if I did some changes. I wanted it healthier so used unsweetened applesauce, didn't pack the brown sugar, used fat-free sour cream, unsweetened coconut, no raisins and a little bit less walnuts. I baked them 20 minutes. They're moist. Thanks Heidi. Made for Beverage tag.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease 12 muffin tins.
- In a small mixing bowl cream butter and brown sugar. Add egss and sour cream; beat well.
- Stir in carrots, coconut, and raisins.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts if using.
- Fill greased cups 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for five minutes on a wire rack before removing from pan.