Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another Food Network Magazine recipe (no wonder I love this magazine) that looks easy and fast, with such pretty colors for side
- 453.59 g carrot, cut into ribbons
- 118.29 ml salted cashews, roasted
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml jalapeno, chopped
- 44.37 ml lime juice
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml cilantro, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml cashews, chopped
- Shave carrots with vegetable peeler into ribbons (personally I'll use pre-grated carrots) an put in a bowl.
- Puree 1/2 cup roasted cashews in blender with 1 tablespoon each vegetable oil ad chopped jalapeno, 3tablespoon lime juice and 14 cup water until almost smooth.
- Toss with carrots; add 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and season with salt.
- Top with chopped cashews.
The dressing was delicious when I first made it. In fact, all the way to work I was thinking of other salads, etc to use it on. However, when it came time to eat it (6 hours later), it was impossibly hot. I recommend that you not let this salad sit, but instead, serve it right away.