Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious Classic recipe for a moist cake.
- 517.37 g box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 177.44 ml hellmann mayonnaise
- 3 large fresh eggs
- 473.18 ml shredded carrots
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice, drained (8 ounces)
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans or 118.29 ml black walnut
- cream cheese frosting, you may substitute whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease and flour two (9-inch) round baking pans*; set aside.
- In large bowl with mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Add mayonnaise, eggs, carrots and pineapple; beat 30 seconds or until moistened.
- With mixer on medium speed, beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- On wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- Just before serving, frost cake.
- *Or,prepare cake mix as above in 13 x 9-inch baking pan or Bundt pan.