Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious Classic recipe for a moist cake.
Make and share this Carrot Cake Made with Mayonnaise recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup hellmann mayonnaise
- 3 large fresh eggs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice, drained (8 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup black walnut
- cream cheese frosting, you may substitute whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease and flour two (9-inch) round baking pans*; set aside.
- In large bowl with mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Add mayonnaise, eggs, carrots and pineapple; beat 30 seconds or until moistened.
- With mixer on medium speed, beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- On wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- Just before serving, frost cake.
- *Or,prepare cake mix as above in 13 x 9-inch baking pan or Bundt pan.