Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
It is no secret that flavored butters are a favorite w/me. I have entered several recipes for them, tried many others & even have a cookbook devoted to those I still want to try. I did find 1 other carrot butter recipe, but it was a sweet variety ... so when SusieQusie challenged me to create a savory carrot butter, I was happy to oblige. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (may sub lemon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh carrot (grated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (snipped)
- Mix butter, lime juice, salt + pepper till well-combined & smooth. Fold in grated carrot, fresh parsley & chives.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hrs prior to desired use w/veggies, potatoes or baked goods.
Thanks for creating and posting this recipe! I thought the butter was great! DH wasn't wild about the crunch of the carrots as it seemed _unnatural_ for butter to make noise. ;-) I, on the other hand, enjoyed the crunchy texture. So there! Perhaps if I'm feeling friendly the next time I make it, I'll nuke the carrots a bit to soften them before adding to the butter. The butter sets up pretty firm so it does need to soften a bit if you intend to spread it on bread. Again my friend, thanks! LU