Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from Alicia Silverstone's book. There is never enough vegan and macrobiotic recipes. This is super healthy, Burdock is excellent for your blood.
- 1 cup burdock root, cut into matchsticks
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- shoyu, to taste
- ginger juice (grate 1/2 piece of giner and squeeze our juice)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skilllet over medium high heat. Add the burdock, a pinch of salt and cook, stirring continually, for 2-3 minutes. Add the carrots, another small pinch of salt, and cook, stirring continually, foor 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add enought water to just cover the bottom of the skillet to create steam. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer/Steam for 7 minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of shoyu on the kinpara, cover and let cook for about 7 more minutes. The kinpara should be almost dry. remove from heat, add the ginger juice and toss. Add sesame seeds and parslay and toss again. Serve immediately.