Recipe by Carol Bullock
A recipe I learned from two Lebanese friends. This is my family's most requested dish at get-togethers.
Top Review by cathy
Carol's hummous is awesome! Carol recently gave me her recipe when she couldn't make a family get-together[I'm her sister]. Easy recipe, although I should add make only 1 batch at a time, I found my double batch very hard to work with. I also found hot water is very important, as does tend to seize up. Otherwise, quick, easy and delicious! Cathy
- 2 cans heated garbanzo beans or 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (you could use the squeeze lemon that is 100% lemon juice)
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- sliced tomatoes (optional)
- sliced cucumber (optional)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- carrot (optional)
- celery (optional)
- radish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except water in blender on pulse or puree setting, until smooth.
- You will need to add boiling hot water during this process as it tends to sieze up.
- If you accidentally add too much water it's okay as the lemon and tahini tend to suck it up.
- Transfer to serving plate.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Serve with Carol's easy pita bread.