Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sometimes we pass up the mustard based sauce for a vinegar and spice kick!
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 crushed garlic, glove (optional)
- In a saucepan, stir together the vinegar, red pepper flakes, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the ketchup and brown sugar.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Wife wanted pulled pork sandwiches so we tried this mop sauce on a pork butt and placed it in the smoker. It was excellent! I will be using this mop again with a little less salt.