1 hr 5 mins
This recipe has been past down from my grandmother who had a degree in Home Economics to my mother and now me. The yams are so moist and yummy with the perfect combo of sweet and buttery with a hint of rum and lemon, Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs yams
- 1Cut yams into large cubes and steam until fork inserts easily.
- 2Combine the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and gently heat until butter and brown sugar are melted.
- 3Place yams into a casserole dish and cover with sauce.
- 4Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 5Note: You can make this a day ahead which I find is actually better than when cooked the same day that they are served as the yams become somewhat carmelized.
- 6If you would like to make the dish a day ahead bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, let cool and refrigerate. The next day remove from the fridge early in the day to allow them to come to room temperature, then bake for 30 minutes before you want to serve them.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carole's Candied Yams With Rum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.4
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 69.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 36.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g