Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on CakeCentral.com. It looks good, so I thought I'd share it.
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 2⁄3 ounces egg whites
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- Step 1. Combine powdered sugar, egg whites and vanilla extract in a mixer with a flat beater, at slow speed.
- Step 2. Increase speed to Medium-High for 10 minutes.
- Step 3. Decrease speed and add butter.
- Step 4. Increase speed again to Medium -High and beat for an additional 10 minutes. The buttercream will be light and fluffy.
- *Freezes well- thaw and re-beat for about 5 minutes before using.
This is now my "go-to" buttercream recipe! It is so delicious! My clients tell me it is every bit as good as the Italian Buttercream recipe that is so difficult to make, and uses twice the butter! Thanks, Carmela, for the great recipe!