1/5 Photos of Caribbean-Style Fried Chicken
Actually, fried and baked. This is easy to put together! Equally good hot from the oven or served cold at a picnic. The first time I made this I used skinless chicken and it was really delicious! From The Caribbean Cookbook by Hermes' House Publications.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9.85 ml curry powder (homemade is best)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- 1Stir together the marinade and toss to coat with the chicken pieces in an ovenproof baking dish.
- 2Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours but up to 12 hours. The longer it marinates, the more intense the flavor.
- 3Once marinade time is completed, transfer the chicken pieces to a bowl and soak in the milk for 15-20 minutes. Transfer back to the baking dish. Discard the milk.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5In a large saute pan heat up a little bit of oil. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour, shake off the excess flour, and add to the heated pan. Do not crowd the pan.
- 6Fry the chicken pieces until light brown but not cooked all the way through.
- 7With slotted spoon, transfer the chicken pieces back to the baking dish and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean-Style Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.3
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 148.7 mg
- Sodium 170.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 36.2 g