Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A spicy summer time treat that adds a different approach to your average corn on the cob. I found this recipe in "Woman's World" Magazine with a little of my own changes, and use it almost every time I make corn. Very adjustable, quick & easy to make. Great for picnics or BBQ's, and gives you that "your-on-vacation" feeling. If you know someone who doesn't like corn-on-the-cob, this just might make a believer out of them. Enjoy! =^_^= P.S. This is even good drizzled over microwaved frozen or canned corn if you don't have time to cook cobs.
- 8 ears corn, with husks on
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic hot pepper sauce (Rooster Brand Chili Garlic sauce)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (white sugar can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (normal salt can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- Rinse the ears of corn.
- Put corn cobs directly on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 30 Minutes.
- Remove husks & cut cobs in half.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix all of the ingredients together.
- Pour over corn & toss to coat.
- Sprinkle Cilantro if desired.
- Enjoy! }:^D''''.
- (If you don't have garlic-flavored hot sauce, you can substitute it with regular hot sauce + 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder instead).
- (Leftover butter sauce can be saved in the fridge for next time).
Oh my this was good! I used frozen cob corn (steamed) and loved this. I can only imagine how good it will be with fresh corn and grilled. The flavor is spicy, sweet, savory, and I can hardly wait to try it on other things too! Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.