Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A sweet meringue topped with fresh fruit.
- 2 dashes cooking spray
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water, boiling
- 1 medium pineapple, cubed
- 2 medium mangoes, cubed
- 1 medium papaya, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh spearmint, cut into thin strips (about 8 large leaves)
- 1 medium lime, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 250ºF. Very lightly coat 2 nonstick baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Blend egg whites, Splenda, vinegar and hot water together at high speed until soft, white peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon egg white mixture by half cupfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Using the back of a spoon, spread out and smooth mixture into eight 6 to 8-inch circles, no more than 1-inch thick each. Cook for about one hour and ten minutes, until crisp. Allow to cool completely on wire rack. (Note: These are very fragile. Handle very delicately.).
- While pavlovas cook, make fruit topping. Combine pineapple, mango, papaya and mint in a large bowl. Squeeze juice of both lime halves over fruit mixture and gently stir fruit until ingredients are just combined. Allow fruit to macerate for 30 minutes.
- When pavlovas are cool, gently mound about 3/4 cup of fruit filling on top of each pavlova. Yields 1 pavlova per serving.