Recipe by Hippie2MARS
This recipe is great for picnics and potluck luncheons. It's cool and light and great for a hot day's lunch on the patio. Serve on a crescent roll, with crackers or with your favorite bread. For a healthy appetizer, fill celery stalks with the salad and serve.
- 2 -3 cans chunk chicken, drained
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3⁄4 cup cucumber salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty the cans of chicken into a large salad bowl, breaking up large chunks.
- Add the grapes, nuts, celery, oranges, and coconut.
- Add salad dressing and mix lightly.
- Refrigerate 1 hour if possible to allow flavors to blend.
- Be sure to refrigerate any leftovers promptly.
- *I use whatever kind of nuts I happen to have on hand-- pecans, walnuts, cashews.
- All are good and bring their own unique flavor to the salad.