1/2 Photos of Cardamom & Cacao Truffles
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I was looking for a low carb high fiber treat and came up with this one. Cardamom is originally from the east and used to flavour food and for medicinal purposes. It lends a very interesting and distinctive taste to foods. I like it and thought it would be a good addition to these truffles. I ground all my ingredients in my magic bullet and then processed the dough in my Kitchen Aid food processor. You can use either the dark or golden flax seeds in this recipe. This recipe can be doubled, but be aware they are rich, so you might want to make a single batch just to try them first. If you can't find organic then conventional will work just as well, though might not taste as good. You can also use ground carob or ground unsweetened chocolate in place of the cacao nibs if you don't have them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup organic flax seed (ground)
- 3 tablespoons organic sunflower seeds (ground)
- 3 tablespoons organic sesame seeds (ground)
- 5 tablespoons organic cocoa nibs (divided)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3 tablespoons organic agave nectar, plus
- 1 teaspoon organic agave nectar
- 1Grind each of the seeds separately. Remove and add to a bowl and mix together.
- 2Grind up the cacao nibs fine. Take out 3 tablespoons This will be to coat the truffles when they are done.
- 3Add all the ingredients except the reserved ground cacao to the food processor and process for about a minute or two. Check the dough, if it sticks together and holds its shape after you roll it into a ball then its ready to roll into balls.
- 4Put the remaining 3 tablespoons of ground cacao onto a deep bowl and roll the truffles in it. Try not to touch them, just roll them round and round in the cacao. This will coat them nice and smooth.
- 5Chill and eat.
- 6Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cardamom & Cacao Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.9
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: