Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Why serve the same old boring rice when you can so easily turn it into something a bit special ? This pairs nicely with curries, but also with roasted meat or fish dishes.
- Put all ingredients into a sauce pan.
- Bring water to the boil.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid, and reduce heat to the lowest possible setting at which it will still simmer.
- Do not disturb for 15 minutes and do not remove the lid!
- After this time, remove the pan from the heat, and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Do not remove the lid!
- When the standing time has elapsed you may now remove the lid.
- Fluff with a fork, and add salt and pepper to taste.
I really liked this, and will be serving it with Indian/Persian food often. Thanks for sharing!
We had this with Indian food (a shrimp curry and cauliflower) and it was great. I used brown rice and I thought that the nutty flavor of the rice worked well with the spices. It went really well with the shrimp. I do think this is a combo that not everyone may like and I think that it's best to pair it with something with lots of flavor. It was perfect for us. Easy and tasty.
I am sorry, this did not work for us. It was a unique blending of flavors. The directions were exact.