Recipe by Rita~
Turnips that are sufficiently young and tender need only be rinsed and dried before cooking; older purple-top turnips will need to be peeled. Make sure the veggies are about the same size. If you enjoy Garlic a couple of clove added to this is wonderful!
Top Review by Lalaloula
Oh mmmmmmmmm! I luv roasted anything and especially root veggies. This recipe did not disappoint-the veggies were flavourful, roasted and oh so yummy! They did caramelize ever so slightly, which enhanced their natural sweetness and made them extra delish! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us! Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #20 March 2010.
- 4 small turnips, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut into 2 inches pieces
- 2 parsnips, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, slightly crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F 2. Toss the turnips carrots, parsnips, and garlic in a bowl with a generous splash of olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread them out in an even layer on a baking sheet and roast them for about 10 minutes, then toss them once (if tossed more frequently, they tend to break apart as they become tender).
- Roast for 5 minutes more and check for doneness - depending on the water content of the veggies, they can take from 15 to 30 minutes. The turnips are done when they are fork tender and nicely caramelized.