Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another yumm recipe from my grocery flyer.
- 3 vidalia onions, finely sliced
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and finely sliced
- 30 ml butter
- 60 ml barbecue sauce
- 30 ml brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat barbecue to medium.
- Place onions and apples on four 45 cm x 45 cm (18 inches x 18 in.) sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Distribute butter, barbecue sauce and brown sugar evenly over onions and apples.
- Salt and pepper to taste and seal each papillote as tightly as possible. Place on barbecue grill and close cover.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn using tongs and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve as a side dish to grilled fare.
What a wonderful topping for grilled meat. Cut recipe in half, left out the butter and used Splenda Brown Sugar. Served over grilled chicken. Made a quick and very tasty dinner. Thanks so much for the post.
I did it without measuring cause I used 1 white onion. I couldn't find vidalia even at Jean-Talon market. Where can you find this? I used a calorie-wise barbecue sauce. The taste is very good. Thanks Lorrie :) Made for Photo tag