Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love cauliflower and I think it often gets overlooked. This recipe from Williams-Sonoma sounds really delicious with the honey glaze and smoky paprika.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets (about 3 pounds)
- sea salt
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, warm 2tbsp. of the olive oil and melt the butter. Add the cauliflower florets; sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and toss gently to coat the florets. Spread the florets into 1 layer and cook, without stirring, until the undersides are lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip each piece over and continue cooking, undisturbed, until evenly browned, 3-4 minutes. Repeat until all sides are evenly browned, 3-5 minutes more.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil, the shallot, red pepper flakes and paprika to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallot is softened, 2 -3 minutes. Add the honey and water and saute until the liquid reduces to a glaze, 2 -3 minutes. Squeeze the juice from the lemon half over the cauliflower, stir to combine and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a warmed bowl and serve immediately.
Yum, so very good and tasty! I halved the recipe and wanted more. Thanks!