Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Go ahead and use whatever nut you prefer.
- 2 tablespoons flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, whipped till stiff but not dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans or 1 cup cashews, chopped and toasted
- Mix flour,salt and sugar.
- Fold egg whites into dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla and cashews.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a parchment covered cookie sheet at least 1-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in a 350 oven about 20 minutes.
- Will be golden and crisp.
They were golden and crisp and cooked in about 15 minutes. I followed the recipe exactly as written. DH and I were disappointed in the taste. Sorry.