Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love blondies...the caramel makes these absolutes delicious!
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk (divided in half)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package caramel flavored cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place caramels in medium saucepan over low heat, add 1/3 cup milk and stir until caramels melt.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine cake mix and remaining milk along with next 3 ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Spread half of batter into greased 9 inch square pan, and chill remaining half in fridge.
- Bake first half of dough 10 minutes, then cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Pour melted caramel mixture over brownie mixture and sprinkle with walnut pieces.
- Divide remaining chilled dough into pieces and press flat.
- Place dough pieces over caramel/walnut layer, overlapping slightly.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- Cover and chill for about 1 hour before cutting.