Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 30 caramels, halved and flattened
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour and baking powder,gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart onto baking sheet,flatten slightly.
- Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place one caramel on each cookie.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening.
- Drizzle over the cooled cookies.
- Sprinkle with the pecans.
- Let stand until firm.
very good. family enjoyed every crum of this cookie. Veronica Ford
I won a local cookie contest with these after they won 1st place in the Chicago Tribune Christmas cookie contest about 10 years ago I'd bet. They do take a little time to do but are well worth the effort. I'm going to make them again as I'd forgotten about them for the last couple of years. Thanks Teresa for jogging my memory!