Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
i have made a recipe similar to this one and it was delicious. you might want to double the recipe.
- 30 pecan halves
- 6 caramels
- 6 milk chocolate squares
- on a greased baking sheet, arrange pecans in 6 clusters of 5 pecans, each.
- place a caramel on each cluster.
- bake at 300 degrees for 4-5 minutes or until caramels are melted.
- top with a chocolate square.
- bake 1 minute longer or until chocolate is melted.
- spread the chocolate over caramel until smooth.
- remove clusters from pan to cool on a wire rack.
This is exactly how we used to make chocolate caramel turtles. Brings back wonderful memories. We only used 4 pecan halves per turtle (for legs) placed in an X shape (I think we assumed the turtle wasn't sticking its head out.) Thanks for posting!