This is one of our family's favorite Passover noshes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover two rimmed baking sheets completely with foil.
- 2Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of each pan and place it on top of the foil.
- 3Line the bottom of each cookie sheet evenly with the matzo, breaking extra pieces, as required, to fit any spaces.
- 4In a 3-quart, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar.
- 5Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil (about 2 to 4 minutes).
- 6Boil for 3 minutes (use a timer; this is important), stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat and pour over the matzo, covering completely.
- 8Place the baking sheets in a preheated 375-degree oven and immediately reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes, checking every few minutes to make sure the mixture is not burning (if it seems to be browning too quickly, remove the pan from the oven, lower the heat to 325 degrees and replace the pan).
- 10Remove pans from oven and sprinkle immediately with the chopped chocolate or chips.
- 11Let stand five minutes, then spread the melted chocolate over the matzo with an offset spatula or knife.
- 12While still warm, break into squares or odd shapes.
- 13Place pans in freezer to chill until set.
- 14Remove and store in airtight container for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Matzoh Crunch
Serving Size: 1 (1106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2716.5
- Calories from Fat 1439
- Total Fat 159.9 g
- Saturated Fat 99.5 g
- Cholesterol 325.3 mg
- Sodium 93.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 321.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 142.3 g
- Protein 28.7 g