Prep 1 hr
Cook 32 mins
After making these for my daughter's slumber party last year, I got three phone requests for the recipe the next day.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 48 chocolate-covered caramel candies (I use Rollos)
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Gradually beat in white sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Divide dough into 48 pieces.
- Start by dividing dough into four equal pieces; then divide each piece into thirds; then each of those pieces in half to make 24; and each of those in half again to make 48 pieces.
- Flatten each piece slightly and return to refrigerator.
- Working with a few at a time, and leaving the remainder in the frige, press a piece of dough around a rollo, being careful to cover it completely.
- (I find the rollos easier to handle when they're pre-chilled) Roll into a ball.
- Place 2-inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes in preheated 375°.
- Let cool for 3-4 minutes before removing from baking sheet or caramel will run out the bottom of cookie.
MMMmmmmMM...Me and my best friend made these, but used left over chocolate Easter Eggs! They were soOOoo GoOd warm out of the oven!! The inside chOcolaTe was so gOOey and yuMMy! His dad thought they were store-bought and didn't beleive we made them :D I've also tried Caramilk peices, Peanut butter chips, and Cool Mints. All turned out FANTASTIC! :D Haven't tried caramel yet, but it's definatly on my list :D
Delicious! I accidentally added a 1/4 cup extra of flour, so I evened it out with a 1/8 cup water. I also only refrigerated the dough for about 1 hour turned out great.
The grandchildren went crazy for these cookies! We have a new favorite for my family now!