Recipe by grandma2969
This makes 2 delicious loaves--one to keep and one to give away to a good friend. I might be off a little bit on bake time, so please watch carefully.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces banana cake mix
- 3 ounces banana cream instant pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 2 medium mashed bananas
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup Crisco cooking oil
- walnuts, havles for garnish
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 14 ounces vanilla frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 9x5-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- To prepare LOAVES: Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, mashed banana, 1/2 cup water, and oil in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Divide evenly between prepared pans; tap gently to level ingredients.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with a few dry crumbs.
- To prepare CARAMEL FROSTING: Place butter, brown sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil on medium heat. Boil one minute, stirring constantly.
- Place vanilla frosting in a medium bowl; stir in caramel mixture till thoroughly blended.
- Frost sides and tops of cooled loaves.
- Garnish with walnut halves if desired.