Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Hand crafted original!
Make and share this Caramel Apple Yogurt recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces plain yogurt, the thicker the better
- 1 green apple, peeled and cored
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 2 pinches salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a blender, mix the yogurt, apple, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 pinch of salt and 1 tsp of vanilla. Blend till the ingredients have a nice creamy texture.
- In 4 oz jars, fill the jars half way with the yogurt blend.
- In a small sauce pot combine the butter, half and half, pinch of salt and 1 cup of brown sugar and cook on medium low.
- Whisk gently until all the ingredients are melted and smooth.
- Add the tsp of vanilla and continue to cook to desired consistency. Remember that this is more of a sauce and will be refrigerated so you don't want the caramel to get too stiff.
- Allow the caramel to cool, then pour over the yogurt filling up the remainder of the jars.
- Chill and serve.