Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Doesn't get much easier than this! A perfectly decadent treat for a hot summer day. Amounts are estimates, they will depend on the size of your popsicle moulds. If you don't have any moulds, you can use wooden sticks and disposable paper/plastic cups (just allow to freeze partially before inserting stick). I recommend refrigerating your caramel first so it's firmer and a little easier to work with. Freezing time is not included.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup dulce de leche
- Pour applesauce into your popsicle moulds until 2/3 full (keep in mind they will expand once frozen).
- Drop some dulce de leche into the centre and lightly push down into the applesauce. If your moulds are tall and slim, drop smaller quantities and repeat a few times so there is caramel all along the pop.
- Fill the rest of the moulds with applesauce. Place sticks and freeze until solid.