Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband says this recipe is an excuse to eat dessert for dinner. Yes, it is sweet, but also very tasty. I'm a sucker for any recipe with apples.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Place a medium sized dish in the oven to keep warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan.
- Cook for 5 or 6 minutes (I think it took me longer than that), turning occasionally, until done.
- Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in preheated oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add butter to skillet and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples.
- Cover and cook until apples are just tender.
- Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops.
- Keep warm in preheated oven.
- Continue cooking mixture uncovered in skillet until sauce thickens slightly.
- Spoon sauce over apples and chops.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
This was pretty good. Sweet but definitely not too sweet. I made it as listed except I added a little bit of chopped onion when cooking apples. Sounds funny but it tasted good and balanced out the sweet a little.
We reallllllly liked this. I had 6 smallish pork loin chops that I used. Left the apple quantity the same, and doubled the butter, brown sugar, etc. Found these to be mildly sweet, and not sickenly sweet - that's just our taste.
I followed recipe as is and everything came out the way it was supposed to. My DH and I wanted something different, and we thought the porkchops were ok, but we have come to a conclusion that anything sweet doesn't have a place in our dinner menu. We do appreciate you posting the recipe, it is a very good recipe for those with a sweet tooth.