Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Doesn't really taste like a caramel apple, but still is very good!
Make and share this Caramel Apple Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless pork chop
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and cored and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans or 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute pork chops in olive oil, 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally, until both sides are evenly browned. Remove; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar,salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add butter to skillet. Stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or just until apples are tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops; keep warm.
- Continue cooking mixture in skillet, uncovered, until sauce thickens slightly; about 4-5 minutes. Spoon sauce over apples and chops.
- Sprinkle with nuts and serve.
Great recipe! We kept out the nuts due to personal preference but it was a great, easy, and comforting food. Thanks, Parsley!! :)