Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great recipe for two. It is nice to serve during the fall as a dessert. It also works for the company you have during the holidays and you are tired of pumpkin pie. Only 4 WW points.
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 small soft caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 medium rome apples
- 2 sheets phyllo dough, fresh or frozen thawed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Place over low heat, and cook until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Core apples, cutting to, but not through, the bottom of each apple.
- Spoon caramel mixture evenly into centers of apples.
- Place apples in a small baking dish; cover and bake at 400 for 35 minutes or just until apples are tender.
- Remove apples from dish, and let cool.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a damp towel (keeping remaining phyllo covered).
- Coat phyllo sheet with cooking spray.
- Fold phyllo in half crosswise.
- Place 1 apple on phyllo rectangle.
- Coat edges of phyllo with Pam; bring corners to center, pinching phyllo to seal.
- Coat dumpling with cooking spray Repeat with remaining apple and phyllo sheets.
- Place dumplings on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 5 minutes or until golden.