Recipe by Evan's Mommy
I got this recipe from a co-worker who cannot remember where she got it---but I am so glad she did because it is a DELICIOUS treat-especially on a cold winter day!
Top Review by Dawn
The dessert was absolutely delicious. We ate vanilla icecream with ours. If you chop up the apples as I did, it would work better if the caramels were melted before adding them to the crockpot. Try this you'll love it too!
- 4 large tart apples, cored
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1⁄2 cup cider
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 hot red cinnamon candies
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 caramel candies
- whipped cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove about 1/2 inch of peel off top of each apple.
- Place apples in crock pot.
- Pour juice over apples.
- Fill center of each apple with: 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 3 cinnamon candies, 1 Tbsp butter, and 2 caramels.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve hot with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.