Recipe by Love2Eat
Scrumptious! You can use bottled caramel sauce to save some time, and it works just fine.
Top Review by Boyz 5
This was a tasty treat!!I cut the apples into big chunks and then put the pieces into my food processer and "pulsed" them until they were finely diced.I also added another teaspoon of water to the caramel mixture to give it a pouring consistency. I will be making this again; however,I will probably reduce the amount of marshmallows by half as we found the amount called for a little bit overwhelming for our tastes!!Tasted great warm or cold!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (250 g) bag mini marshmallows
- 2 cups finely diced unpeeled apples
- 16 caramels, unwrapped (!)
- 1 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, oats, sugar and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- Press remainder on bottom of greased 13 x 9 pan.
- Spread half of the marshmallows on top and sprinkle with apples.
- Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining marshmallows on top and place under broiler just until marshmallows are lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place caramels and water in small microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir until smooth.
- Drizzle on top, chill to set caramel.