Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Scrumptious! You can use bottled caramel sauce to save some time, and it works just fine.
Make and share this Caramel Apple Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- Press remainder on bottom of greased 13 x 9 pan.
- Spread half of the marshmallows on top and sprinkle with apples.
- Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining marshmallows on top and place under broiler just until marshmallows are lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place caramels and water in small microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir until smooth.
- Drizzle on top, chill to set caramel.
This was a tasty treat!!I cut the apples into big chunks and then put the pieces into my food processer and "pulsed" them until they were finely diced.I also added another teaspoon of water to the caramel mixture to give it a pouring consistency. I will be making this again; however,I will probably reduce the amount of marshmallows by half as we found the amount called for a little bit overwhelming for our tastes!!Tasted great warm or cold!!
I also tried this recipe from the Recipes Plus Calendar! I was attracted to it by the ww flour and the unpeeled apples. The only changes I made were to cut the amount of marshmellows in half and to add 1 tsp cinnamon to the oat mixture. Thanks for posting the recipe, Love2Eat! M&Mers