Recipe by mandabears
This incredible cake comes from Nestle and was in a TOH insert with one of their magazine. Starts with a cake mix but you can't tell from the final result.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix with pudding
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut, divided
CARAMEL ALMOND TOPPING
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup sliced almonds (3 ounces)
- 1 cup Nestle milk chocolate and caramel swirled morsels
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13 x 9 pan.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, water and oil on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake for 28-35 minutes or just until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- while cake is still baking, prepare topping.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir in caramel topping and cream.
- Stir in almonds and remaining coconut.
- Increase heat to medium and bring mixture to a full boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes our until thick, but still spreading consistency, stir constantly.
- Carefully spread mixture over cake just as it comes out of the oven. Sprinkle morsels over cake while still hot out of the oven.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.