Missy Wombat's Note:
This recipe comes from Ronny on the alt.food.vegan newsgroup. Ronny is renowned for her cakes. I haven't yet made this one but I bet right now from past experience of her recipes that it will work very well indeed. Indeed I'm posting it here so that I don't lose it! Times include overnight chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g tofu
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agar-agar
- 1/2 cup soya milk
- 4 tablespoons syrup (bang goes my diet...)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 grated orange, rind of
orange jelly top
- 1 packet digestive biscuit (Graham crackers, if you are American)
- 50 g chocolate
- 1Melt chocolate and grind up biscuits.
- 2Mix together.
- 3Press into a springform cake/flan tin.
- 4Freeze for about half an hour.
- 5Put all the tofu layer ingredients except agar agar into a pan, blend with hand blender, then heat.
- 6Boil the agar agar in a little water separately, then add to other pan.
- 7Bring to boil, stirring then remove from heat.
- 8Pour onto base.
- 9Put in fridge till set, preferably overnight.
- 10Mix agar agar with a little water till smooth in a cup.
- 11Put orange juice in a pan, add agar agar then bring to boil.
- 12Arrange orange segments on top of cheesecake.
- 13Spoon orange jelly on top.
- 14Allow to set.
- 15Garnish with a drizzle of melted chocolate.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capybara Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, rind of