Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 13 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from Ronny on the alt.food.vegan newsgroup. Ronny is renowned for her cakes. I haven't yet made this one but I bet right now from past experience of her recipes that it will work very well indeed. Indeed I'm posting it here so that I don't lose it! Times include overnight chilling.
- 400 g tofu
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons agar-agar
- 1⁄2 cup soya milk
- 4 tablespoons syrup (bang goes my diet...)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 grated orange, rind of
orange jelly top
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon agar-agar
- 1 chopped orange
- 1 packet digestive biscuit (Graham crackers, if you are American)
- 50 g chocolate
- Melt chocolate and grind up biscuits.
- Mix together.
- Press into a springform cake/flan tin.
- Freeze for about half an hour.
- Put all the tofu layer ingredients except agar agar into a pan, blend with hand blender, then heat.
- Boil the agar agar in a little water separately, then add to other pan.
- Bring to boil, stirring then remove from heat.
- Pour onto base.
- Put in fridge till set, preferably overnight.
- Mix agar agar with a little water till smooth in a cup.
- Put orange juice in a pan, add agar agar then bring to boil.
- Arrange orange segments on top of cheesecake.
- Spoon orange jelly on top.
- Allow to set.
- Garnish with a drizzle of melted chocolate.