Recipe by CafeAronzo
I have edited this recipe, after months and months (and months) of making and perfecting smoothie recipes. All through last autumn to this spring. By summer, they'll be perfect. I hope you like this low calorie shake, it's gone through alot of testing! By the way, I only use half a banana to cut down on a few calories, but if you want the whole banana, go right ahead!
Top Review by I'mPat
Scaled this back to 1 and made for the DM and she really enjoyed her Banana Smoothie with pizzazz though I did not add any sugar as the banana was rather sweet in inself. Thank you CafeAmaimonotsuki, made for Comfort Cafe.
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- 1⁄2 ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon imitation vanilla
- 5 -6 ice cubes or 1 1⁄2 cups crushed ice
- 2 g sugar substitute or 2 -3 teaspoons real sugar or 2 -3 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Place banana chunks into bottom of blender, cover with sugar substitute, then add cocoa powder, and 2 ice cubes (or all the crushed ice).
- Separately, mix skim milk with instant coffee (or espresso powder) and vanilla extract. Pour into blender and blend on low until the contained ice is fully mixed in and smooth.
- If using ice cubes, add the remaining 3-4 and blend until no chunks are left.