1/1 Photo of Cantaloupe, Prosciutto, and Cabrales Salad
From Cooking Light, fresh combination of lovely ingredients equating to the most amazing flavors in the mouth! I have to admit that the cabrales cheese is a bit too strong for my taste so the second go around I used a regular good quality blue cheese and liked it much better. This is personal preference of course. I also have substituted rice wine vinegar for the sherry vinegar and used agave nectar to replace the honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 3 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 (3 1/4 lb) cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut lengthwise into 20 (1/4-inch-thick)
- prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup cabrales cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Submerge the sprig of rosemary in the honey and allow to infuse for a day or two. You can skip this step but I really enjoyed the hint of rosemary.
- 2Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and vinegar, stirring with a whisk.
- 3In separate bowl combine arugula and vinegar mixture, tossing to combine.
- 4Arrange cantaloupe wedges on large platter.
- 5Top cantaloupe with arugula mixture.
- 6Place small pieces of prosciutto on top of arugula and then sprinkle cheese on top.
- 7Drizzle honey and remaining EVOO over salad.
- 8Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cantaloupe, Prosciutto, and Cabrales Salad
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1003.7
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 691.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 157.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 151.7 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar