Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light, fresh combination of lovely ingredients equating to the most amazing flavors in the mouth! I have to admit that the cabrales cheese is a bit too strong for my taste so the second go around I used a regular good quality blue cheese and liked it much better. This is personal preference of course. I also have substituted rice wine vinegar for the sherry vinegar and used agave nectar to replace the honey.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 3 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 (3 1/4 lb) cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut lengthwise into 20 (1/4-inch-thick)
- prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup cabrales cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Submerge the sprig of rosemary in the honey and allow to infuse for a day or two. You can skip this step but I really enjoyed the hint of rosemary.
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and vinegar, stirring with a whisk.
- In separate bowl combine arugula and vinegar mixture, tossing to combine.
- Arrange cantaloupe wedges on large platter.
- Top cantaloupe with arugula mixture.
- Place small pieces of prosciutto on top of arugula and then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Drizzle honey and remaining EVOO over salad.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.