8 hrs 20 mins
I'm thinking up ideas to serve at a Halloween Tea. Here's an idea I came up with. Cooking time=chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix, prepared
- 1 1/4 cups water (for cake)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (for cake)
- 3 large eggs (for cake)
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix, prepared
- 2 cups milk (for pudding)
- 6 ounces english toffee, chopped
- 1/2 cup butterscotch schnapps
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 11. Prepare heavy cream according to "Never Weep" Whipped Cream, with the added food coloring.
- 22. Cut half of the white cake, and put the other half away for another time.
- 33. Cut this half of the white cake into small squares.
- 44. Layer half of the squares into 12 individuals bowls or clear decorative cups.
- 55. Layer with half of the schnapps, pudding, whipped cream, and toffee. Begin again with the cake, layering the ingredients and ending with the whipped cream on top.
- 66. Chill eight hours or overnight.
- 77. Garnish with a piece of candy corn, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Corn Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.0
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 333.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix