Recipe by Rowenna
I'm thinking up ideas to serve at a Halloween Tea. Here's an idea I came up with. Cooking time=chilling time.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix, prepared
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (for cake)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (for cake)
- 3 large eggs (for cake)
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix, prepared
- 2 cups milk (for pudding)
- 6 ounces english toffee, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch schnapps
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Prepare heavy cream according to Recipe #74805, with the added food coloring.
- 2. Cut half of the white cake, and put the other half away for another time.
- 3. Cut this half of the white cake into small squares.
- 4. Layer half of the squares into 12 individuals bowls or clear decorative cups.
- 5. Layer with half of the schnapps, pudding, whipped cream, and toffee. Begin again with the cake, layering the ingredients and ending with the whipped cream on top.
- 6. Chill eight hours or overnight.
- 7. Garnish with a piece of candy corn, if desired.