Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from TOH. These will look so pretty on my Xmas cookie tray. Prep time does not include 3+ hours refrigeration time.
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup crushed candy cane
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar. Stir in vanilla. Gradually add flour.
- Stir in pecans. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Melt white chocolate in the microwave. Di pthe top of each cookie into the chocolate, then the crushed candy canes.
My husband loved these! Thanks so much for posting.. A wonderful christmas cookie.
This is a great twist on the traditional pecan sandies. I took these to a cookie exchange and they were a hit! I did use milk chocolate instead of white chocolate because I found the white to be too sweet.
Excellent - I cut the recipe in half as I didn't need that many. A very tasty, melt in your month, cookie! Thanks for the recipe!