Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Both young and old will enjoy these tender double chocolate cupcakes topped with caramel and peanuts
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened (*)
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- Heat oven to 350°F Combine sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth.
- Continue beating, gradually adding flour, water, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips, peanuts and unsweetened chocolate by hand until well mixed.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons batter into paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.
- Remove cupcakes from pans; cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon caramel topping onto each cupcake; sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- TIP: Refrigerate cupcakes if you prefer a firmer caramel topping.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! These were excellent. I made these at the weekend as I had weekend guests and we couldn't stop eating them! Another keeper! Thanks!