Prep 20 mins
Cook 28 mins
Want to take your boring brownie mix to another dimension? Nothing like homemade frosting to take you there. Recipe courtesy of Ladies Home Journal Delicious Desserts.
- 19 1⁄2 ounces brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 6 ounces M&M's or 6 ounces candy covered plain chocolate candies or 6 ounces chocolate candy bars
- colored sprinkles
Chocolate Butter Frosting
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Prepare and bake the brownie mix according to package instructions using a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Frost cooled brownies with Chocolate Butter Frosting.
- Top with candy and decorative sprinkles.
- Cut into bars.
- Chocolate Butter Frosting:.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and unsweetened cocoa powder with a mixer on medium until smooth.
- Gradually beat in a cup of powdered sugar until well combined.
- Gradually beat in 3 tablespoons milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined.
- Gradually beat in 2 cups powdered sugar.
- If necessary, beat in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach spreading consistency.