Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
The cooked dressing for this salad will remind you of candy apples (thus the name!). Kids and adults alike love this salad. Prep time does not include cooling time.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 6 cups apples, diced
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix butter, sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir while pouring boiling water over it.
- Bring mixture to a boil and thicken.
- Then add vanilla, vinegar and salt.
- Pour over chopped apples (we like to use Spartans).
- You can add a handful of nuts or raisins or both, if you like.