Recipe by chilepepper1231
This was on a magazine cover years ago and I just thought it looked yummy. Simple too, just a few ingredients. I have used bone-in ham and even canned ham when funds were tight.
Top Review by True Texas
Delicious ham. You will be surprised to find that the red hots do not make this sauce too hot, it is just the right combination of flavors for a great baste. The cloves are a little too strong for my taste, so next time I will cut back on how many I use, or just omit. But over all I love this. Made for "This Little Piggy Went To Market!"
- 2267.96 g cooked ham (or more)
- 20-30 whole cloves
- 118.29 ml apple jelly
- 118.29 ml red cinnamon candies
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham in roasting dish and score with knife and stud with cloves.
- Roast ham at 20 minutes per pound.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan combine jelly, candy and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until candies are melted, stirring constantly.
- During last 30 minutes of cooking time, baste frequently with jelly mixture.
- Let ham stand 15 minutes before serving.