Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mmmmmmm...brown sugar...cream...what could be more delicious? Thanks Mom!
- 2 lbs yams (about 6 small)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons light cream or 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Boil yams or sweet potatoes until just tender.
- Peel and cut length-wise into 1/2-inch slices.
- In medium skillet or electric frying pan, combine sugar, butter, cream and salt; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.
- Add yams; turn gently until glazed and thoroughly heated.
This was missing something, maybe vanilla, nutmeg, or cinnamon. It was just too bland.
Tried this recipe for Thanksgiving, and it was a hit! So delicious! I added cinnamon and cloves too. Also, for the sake of timing, I placed sliced yams in a baking dish and poured the yummy sauce over them, then warmed everything in the oven. Turned out perfect! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!!
This was such an easy, no fuss recipe for candied yams. I had the yams already cooked and decided to make them sweet at the last minute. This came out perfect. Thanks for posting.