Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, delishious way with sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner or any special occasion. from Latin American Cooking.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 2 large green apples, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- Layer the sweet potatoes and apples in a casserole, sprinkling each layer with the sugar, nuts and 3 tablespoons of the butter.
- Heat the remaining butter and fry the breadcrumbs 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the buttered crumbs over the mixture and bake in a preheated 350f degree oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.