Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These rose petals are simply beautiful when used to decorate desserts. Recipe from Southern Living.
- Rinse the rose petals very well and lay them out to dry on paper towels.
- Combine the powdered sugar, meringue powder and water in a mixing bowl.
- Beat on low speed until blended, then beat on high speed 4-5 minutes or until fluffy.
- Brush this mixture on all sides of the dry rose petals and then dust them with the superfine sugar.
- Let stands on wire rack for 24 hours to dry.
These come out beautiful! I especially love the pink ones. I used larger mini rose petals and smaller standard rose petals. I ended up being able to cover at least twice as many petals then the recipe states. I think they would be especially pretty decorating cupcakes. They are very delicate and impressive!