1 hr 5 mins
Canadian flavours in a main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Slice chicken breasts partway through for stuffing, finely chop mushrooms and onion.
- 3In small skillet, sautee onions in butter and brown sugar until caramelized. Set aside in bowl.
- 4Fry bacon in large skillet, remove and sautee mushrooms in bacon fat.
- 5Chop bacon and mix with onion, sage, 1 tbsp maple syrup and strained, cooked mushrooms.
- 6Stuff chicken, flour lightly and brown in remaining bacon grease.
- 7Arrange chicken in baking pan. Mix together 3 tbsps maple syrup with water and pour over chicken.
- 8Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning once. Add more water/syrup if pan is drying up, to prevent burning.
- 9Serve with reheated, leftover stuffing spooned on top each breast and drizzle with sauce from pan and maple syrup.
- 10Mashed potatoes or colcannon are a good complement - spoon sauce over potatoes as well.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canadiana Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.8
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 112.1 mg
- Sodium 198.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 31.9 g