Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really tasty slaw that is just a bit different. Just think pears & cabbage mm not bad. You may make this salad a couple of hours in advance just keep it in the fridge
- 1 (16 ounce) can bartlett pears
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (low fat is fine)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt & pepper
- Drain your pears, reserve 4 tsp of the pear juice Coarsely chop the pears.
- Combine Pears, cabbages,carrots and green onion.
- Combine mayo, 4 tsp juice, dill, salt& pepper.
- Toss dressing with the cabbage mixture, refrigerate until ready to serve.
This was an enjoyable and refreshing slaw on this hot summer day. It is very easy and quick to put together, especially when you cheat like I did and use slaw mix that includes the cabbages and carrots. ;) Thanks for sharing the recipe!